Popular Posts

Caveat Emptor

The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Great minds think alike...

and fools seldom differ was one of my grandmother's favourite saws. I've been trying to avoid all the media crap about Thatcher, but I need to listen to some Radio 4 before going to sleep and the insufferable repetition of pompous insincere guff  last night gave me the marvelous idea to write a witty blog piece today about how we were being disrespectful by not being Thatcherite enough in the way we intend to mark her entry into a better (or worse) place. Burial at the public expense be dammed I thought, the old girl would surely wish her funeral to be privatised, in fact auctioned to the highest bidder who could then do whatever they wanted to make a profit from it. Alas, I have been scooped. Even if I had leaped out of bed immediately and set to work I would have been too late to claim originality. One Scott Morgan had the same idea in 2011 and even went so far as to launch an e-petition. Unfortunately it didn't achieve enough signatures to trigger a House of Commons debate. I'm guessing that if it is relaunched now it wouldn't have much trouble reaching the 100,000 signature threshold.

No comments: