Popular Posts

Caveat Emptor

The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.

Thursday 7 August 2014

Ideologues and Crazies

I referred to ideologues and crazies in my last post. Most of you will know what I mean, but if you are in any doubt  you can find the sort of thing I was thinking about  here. The only hope is that what they say when they feel compelled to speak for public consumption is more irrational than what they actually believe. Tolerance admits ambivalence. Believing that those who are not for us are against us is essentially totalitarian.

Some 20 years ago, at a much calmer time, an Israeli jewish acquaintance said to me apropos West Bank settlement: "Those guys are crazy, you can't argue with them. They think the land belongs to them simply because Abraham pissed on it". I wonder what he would be prepared to say now?


No comments: