Popular Posts

Caveat Emptor

The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.

Monday 9 December 2013

Monday morning good news

I have a feeling this is going to be a great week. Early into the office and the first things I read are emails from former grad students. One got his DPhil with us and now has landed a  contract with a leading university publishing house (you know which one I mean) to turn his thesis into a book.  Congratulations Charles! The other did an MSc with us and then went on to Chicago. He's now got a great job at Facebook and sent me a link to a very thoughtful blog post he has written about some of the perverse practices that have got institutionalized in academic research and publishing. I think he is right on the button. Cheers Michael.

I get enormous pleasure out of seeing people I've taught doing well and making a difference. Time for some happy music.

No comments: