skip to main
|
skip to sidebar
Oxford Sociology
Popular Posts
Pictures
Opening my mail this morning I found a flyer puffing Sociology in Pictures by one Michael Haralambos. The series appears to have ringing e...
Is there an anti-quantitative bias in British sociology?
My title is inspired by a book chapter written more than 30 years ago by my former colleague Christopher T. Husbands called: The anti-quan...
...hence God exists - reply!
Whiled away a tedious examiner's half-hour in Schools by reading a couple of recent articles from a well known British sociology journa...
The Great British Class Fiasco
It's been a bad week for my blood pressure. I'm trying manfully to ignore the hooplah arising from MT shuffling off her mortal coil...
Open letter to Prof. Richard Wilkinson & Prof. Kate Pickett
Dear Professors Wilkinson and Pickett You don't know me and are unlikely to read this letter. Even if you do, I know you won't r...
Bukowski on writing
I came across this poem by Charles Bukowski which expresses something important about integrity in writing. I wouldn't take it literally...
Toils Obscure
I learned a couple of days ago that a man I owe a lot too died in March. He was 85 so for someone of that generation had a reasonable if not...
Still Alive
I haven't posted for a while, mainly because I'm busy writing - trying to finish three papers before we pack up to come home at the ...
Origins of musical taste
I've been thinking about how I came to like the music I do. Despite being classified by the GBCS as a cultural univore, my tastes are,...
Music, Culture and Distinction
As you can probably guess I've been spending time reading the literature on cultural consumption. It's entirely possible that I ha...
Caveat Emptor
The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.
Thursday, 15 March 2018
Strike - day 13
When the Ship comes in
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Search This Blog
Total Pageviews
Subscribe To
Posts
Atom
Posts
Comments
Atom
Comments
Market, Class and Employment
Managing to Change
Cradle to Grave
Links
Personal Website
Nuffield College
UofO Sociology Department
News
BBC
DN
FAZ
Haaretz
Le Monde
New York Times
SpiegelOnline
The Guardian
My Blog List
Marginal Revolution
-
Crooked Timber
-
Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science
-
Stumbling and Mumbling
-
Tim Harford
-
Blog | Didier Ruedin
-
Paul Krugman
-
Sociology, Statistics and Software
-
mainly macro
-
Bad Science
-
DC's Improbable Science
-
The Edithorial
-
Elections Etc
-
Project Syndicate
-
Error Statistics Philosophy
-
About LSE Review of Books |
-
VoxEU.org: Recent Articles
-
OpenPop.org
-
demography.matters.blog
-
Followers
Blog Archive
►
2021
(3)
►
May
(1)
►
April
(1)
►
March
(1)
►
2020
(2)
►
September
(1)
►
March
(1)
▼
2018
(15)
►
October
(1)
►
April
(1)
▼
March
(8)
Strike - day 13
Strike - day 12
Strike - day 11
Strike - day 10
Strike - day 9
Strike - day 8
Strike - day 7
Strike - day 6
►
February
(5)
►
2017
(43)
►
December
(2)
►
November
(5)
►
October
(6)
►
September
(8)
►
July
(1)
►
June
(2)
►
May
(1)
►
April
(1)
►
March
(9)
►
February
(5)
►
January
(3)
►
2016
(57)
►
December
(3)
►
November
(9)
►
October
(2)
►
September
(4)
►
August
(1)
►
July
(6)
►
June
(11)
►
May
(1)
►
April
(3)
►
March
(4)
►
February
(4)
►
January
(9)
►
2015
(61)
►
December
(3)
►
November
(11)
►
October
(7)
►
September
(11)
►
July
(4)
►
June
(7)
►
May
(5)
►
April
(1)
►
March
(6)
►
February
(3)
►
January
(3)
►
2014
(84)
►
December
(5)
►
November
(8)
►
October
(8)
►
September
(19)
►
August
(3)
►
July
(1)
►
June
(7)
►
May
(12)
►
April
(7)
►
March
(4)
►
February
(3)
►
January
(7)
►
2013
(123)
►
December
(14)
►
November
(9)
►
October
(14)
►
September
(12)
►
August
(1)
►
July
(6)
►
June
(22)
►
May
(13)
►
April
(13)
►
March
(10)
►
February
(5)
►
January
(4)
►
2012
(31)
►
November
(2)
►
October
(11)
►
July
(1)
►
June
(2)
►
May
(5)
►
April
(1)
►
March
(2)
►
February
(2)
►
January
(5)
►
2011
(49)
►
November
(5)
►
October
(9)
►
September
(15)
►
August
(4)
►
July
(1)
►
June
(7)
►
May
(1)
►
March
(3)
►
February
(1)
►
January
(3)
►
2010
(61)
►
December
(4)
►
November
(2)
►
October
(3)
►
September
(2)
►
August
(1)
►
July
(2)
►
June
(17)
►
May
(12)
►
April
(7)
►
March
(5)
►
February
(5)
►
January
(1)
►
2009
(19)
►
December
(1)
►
October
(3)
►
September
(3)
►
July
(3)
►
June
(1)
►
March
(4)
►
January
(4)
►
2008
(6)
►
November
(2)
►
October
(3)
►
September
(1)
About Me
Colin
Jobbing sociologist at University of Oxford
View my complete profile
No comments:
Post a Comment