Popular Posts

Caveat Emptor

The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.

Friday 18 December 2015

On Best Practices

I've been thinking  recently about the relentless drone in UK higher education of people who often by self-appointment  define and then attempt to coerce people into adopting so called "best practices". I'm primarily thinking about teaching, but I'm sure the same kind of thing is going on elsewhere.

Somebody sent me this link to a blog post by a guy called James Bach who appears to be a software tester. I know nothing about him or about software testing. I don't know whether he is crazy or a genius, a good guy or a bad guy. What I do know is that what he writes about "best practice" is pretty much what I'd like to say about it, but put much better than I would be able to manage. So for that I'm in his debt.

No comments: