Popular Posts

Caveat Emptor

The opinions expressed on this page are mine alone. Any similarities to the views of my employer are completely coincidental.

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Sociological Science is Live

Sociological Science is open for business and I for one wish them every success. What they are doing, or something like it,  is probably going to be the future of academic journal publishing. Their submission and publication fee schedule looks reasonable to me and is tailored to career stage which is as good a rule to go with as any. The only down side I can see is the requirement to prepare an accepted article in LaTex. I guess its fine if you've already made the up front investment  to learn it, but a bit off putting for people who have to start from scratch. I don't though have any better ideas about how to produce low cost uniform copy that doesn't depend on proprietary products.

No comments: